Writing Your Vows Made Easy (but still personal)
Picture this... you and your partner meet, fall in love and begin to live your relationship and join your lives even closer together each year. You share life’s moments that make you laugh, cry, reflect and debate with each other. There are surprise birthdays, lost jobs, rainy Sundays, crazy family holidays and more. But when it comes to putting those special moments into words for your vows, you are surprisingly at a complete loss.
Here are a few tips to help you write the most amazing vows that will reach out to your beloved and your guests to ensure that your wedding day is memorable to everyone present. Find a quiet moment and write or record your answers to these questions. (Don’t think about speaking the answers out loud just think about the real answer.)
1) What was the first thing you noticed about your partner? (this can be fun!)
2) What is your most favorite memory of your partner?
3) When did you know that you were in love/know that this person was the one you wanted to marry?
4) What does your marriage mean to you? Why do you want to be a married person?
5) What is the most important thing you want to promise to your partner on your Wedding Day?
6) What will change about your relationship once you are married? And what will stay the same?
Now to tie it all together. You can use the below paragraphs as a guide...
The first time I saw you....(put your answer to the first question here). My most treasured memory of us/you is...(put your answer to the second question here). And I knew my heart was in deep when...(put your answer to the third question here)
Being married to you... (put your answer to the forth question here). And I promise...(put your answer to the fifth question here)
After our Wedding Day...(put your answer to the sixth question here)
I love you now and I always will...
While these suggestions are relatively simple, it’s best to start simply and then create to your hearts content. The most powerful part of witnessing someone giving their personal vows is the honesty with which they say them. So its very important to be yourself, to give of yourself to your beloved on your Wedding Day.